Sales/Unlocking/Service

WARNING: iOS 10 OTA Update is Reportedly Bricking Some Devices

Admin
    Admin

WARNING: iOS 10 OTA Update is Reportedly Bricking Some Devices Empty WARNING: iOS 10 OTA Update is Reportedly Bricking Some Devices

Post by Admin Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 am

WARNING: iOS 10 OTA Update is Reportedly Bricking Some Devices

The iOS 10 over the air update is reportedly bricking some devices. 

Multiple forum members on MacRumors have expressed dismay at what appears to be a botched software update.

bit_bucket: What the actual heck. iPhone just bricked itself as well. That makes 2 devices screwed up by the OTA update and I have to try and restore to the older version now. I do not jailbreak and I did not preinstall the update. Just installed for the first time now. Come on apple. Appears since I hit update right after it hit the servers, I somehow got a corrupt install. 
    Both iPhones and iPads are being affected by issue. Here's the message users are seeing...

WARNING: iOS 10 OTA Update is Reportedly Bricking Some Devices Warning_copy

There is a problem with the iPhone "iPhone" that requires it to be updated or restored.

The problem may be fixed by updating your iPhone, which preserves your settings and content. However, if updating doesn't work, it may be necessary to click Restore, which erases all settings and content. If you backed up this iPhone to this computer or iCloud, you'll be prompted to restore the backup onto the iPhone.

If you are having a problem with the OTA update then try an update in iTunes as this will save your settings and data. If the update doesn't work then a restore may be necessary.

As usual we recommend you do a backup before performing any software update. To be safe you may want to forego the OTA update and use iTunes to update to iOS 10 instead. You can find firmware links for iOS 10 below..

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am